See a map of ZIP Codes on Google Maps with this free tool
Quickly check what ZIP Code an address is in
This Google Maps ZIP Code overlay enables you to do a zip code lookup by address or a ZIP Code county lookup. Google zip codes anywhere in the US. Find what ZIP Code am I in with this interactive ZIP Code map.
Want to color-code groups of ZIP Codes or Counties? Use the Custom Color-Coded Maps tool.
FAQs for ‘ZIP Codes’
How do you see Google Maps with ZIP Codes? Just follow the quick steps above and you will see the ZIP Code boundary lines for the United States displayed on a fully-interactive Google Map.
Answer questions such as:
– What ZIP Code is this address in?
– What ZIP Codes are in this city?
– What ZIP Code are these GPS coordinates located in (see * above)?
– plus any of a number of other topics where knowing ZIP Codes and cities may be important, such as real estate, education and sales and marketing
Looking for area codes on Google Maps? Here it is: Area Codes tool.
Looking for an all-in-one tool to explore multiple boundaries and climate on Google Maps? Here it is: Location Explorer
- Coverage includes ZIP Codes in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa
- Where polygons are not available, points are used to represent the approximate location of a ZIP Code. These look like small red circles; you can see those ZIP Codes by using the “Show ZIP Code labels” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map
- The Search places box uses a standard Google Maps geocoding engine, therefore you can type street addresses, road names, points of interest, and GPS coordinates (see * above) to see what ZIP Code that location is part of
- Many of the map layers from which this information is extracted are very large, so it may take several seconds for all of the map layers to finish drawing
- Because the map layers are large, boundaries will not be shown if you are zoomed out too far
- Note that typing an address will zoom in the map very close, whereas typing a city or county by itself will show you a map with a wider view
- Disclaimer: While the number of decimals in the latitude and longitude displayed for the map marker imply a positional accuracy of within a few feet, note that Google Maps is not inherently that accurate, and therefore this tool should not be used for legal purposes or anything beyond entertainment value
– US Census Bureau
– Supplemental point coverage from geonames.org: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
Help improve this tool. Please comment.