District of Columbia, District of Columbia - ZIP Codes Map
View a District of Columbia, District of Columbia ZIP Code map on Google Maps and answer What is My District of Columbia, District of Columbia ZIP Code by address
See ZIP Codes on Google Maps and quickly check what ZIP Code an address is in with this free, interactive map tool. Use this ZIP Code lookup map to view ZIP Codes around you, and optionally also overlay U.S. city limits, townships and county lines. This U.S. ZIP Code map allows you to find the ZIP Code for a place or address by using the ‘Search places’ box above the map.
Quick Tips for using this ZIP Codes map tool
Type any U.S. address or place in the “Search places” box above the map*
OR: Zoom into your place of interest on the map
ZIP Code boundaries will draw on the map, and the ZIP Code, state name**, country name and latitude/longitude for your chosen location will appear at the top of the map***
- Check the “Show ZIP Code labels” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map to see ZIP Code
labels on the map.
This option is useful to find the supplemental ZIP Codes that are represented by small red circles
- Click the “Colorize” button in the upper left corner of the map to color in the ZIP Code areas (especially useful in busy metro areas)
- Optionally, check the “Show US city limits” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map to see
City Limits overlaid on the map
Show US townships by checking the box in the lower left corner of the map
Show county lines by checking the box in the lower left corner of the map
- Click the ◉ button in the upper right corner of the map to use your current location. Click the ◉ button again to automatically update your location every 1, 5 or 10 minutes (Monthly Contributors also get an option to update every several seconds). †
- Subscribe to receive notification of tool updates and usage tips
* You can also type in GPS coordinates in decimal degrees into the Search places box. For example, type -105.25,
40 for Boulder, Colorado.
** or equivalent province, district, etc.
*** All information is reported based on the location of the blue dot on the map; to move the blue dot, click the map
† The “Locate” button will be more accurate on smartphones and other devices containing a GPS; desktop browsers typically show an approximate location
FAQs for District of Columbia, District of Columbia - ZIP Codes Map
- Coverage includes ZIP Codes in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa
- Where polygons are not available, points are used to represent the approximate location of a ZIP Code. These look like small red circles; you can see those ZIP Codes by using the “Show ZIP Code labels” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map
- The Search places box uses a standard Google Maps geocoding engine, therefore you can type street addresses, road names, points of interest, and GPS coordinates (see * above) to see what ZIP Code that location is part of
- Many of the map layers from which this information is extracted are very large, so it may take several seconds for all of the map layers to finish drawing
- Because the map layers are large, boundaries will not be shown if you are zoomed out too far
- Note that typing an address will zoom in the map very close, whereas typing a city or county by itself will show you a map with a wider view
- Disclaimer: While the number of decimals in the latitude and longitude displayed for the map marker may imply a positional accuracy of within a few feet, note that Google Maps and the source data may not be that accurate. Accordingly, this tool should not be used for legal nor surveying purposes or anything beyond entertainment value.
Sources– US Census Bureau
– Supplemental point coverage from geonames.org: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
Help improve this tool. Please comment.
Listing of all U.S. County Maps showing ZIP Codes