What Is My Area Code
Quickly answer ‘What is my Area Code’ using your device’s location anywhere in the U.S. and Canada
My Area Code and What Area Code am I in: This tool shows what Area Code you are in right now. For best results, allow permission to use your location when prompted by your browser. The panel above the map will show your Area Code, and a red marker will show your location on Google Maps.
This page is optimized for fast loading on a mobile device so that you can quickly answer Area Code of my location. To find Area Code by address or city on a fully interactive Google Map, use the Area Codes map tool.
Quick Tips for using this Area Code Finder map tool
- Your browser will ask your permission to use your location* so that this Area Code tool can use your device’s GPS coordinates (longitude and latitude) to determine what Area Code you are currently in. It will then display your current Area Code (or Area Codes if more than one), as well as city, township, county and state above the map. Area Codes are the first three digits (or prefix) of US and Canadian 10-digit telephone numbers.
- If you do not allow permission to use your location, this tool approximates your location (and therefore your Area Code) based on the ip address of your browser’s internet connection.
- If you wish to find your area code by address or city, click the map to be taken to the Area Codes map tool.
- If you get the error message above the map stating Browser settings set to not share your location, on mobile you can reload the page to be prompted to share your location. On desktop, you can allow location permission in Chrome by clicking the padlock icon in your browser address bar and toggling the Location slider on as shown below. The page will reload with location permissions granted.
* this website does not store your location
FAQs for What Is My Area Code?
Sources– Homeland Infrastructure Foundation-Level Data, U.S. Department of Homeland Security: public data
DISCLAIMERAccuracy and Limitations: The information provided by this map tool has been obtained from various public data sources shown in the Sources box above. These sources have varying degrees of reliability and completeness and are subject to change over time. Additionally, while the latitude and longitude values displayed by the map marker suggest a high degree of precision, you should be aware that the underlying Google Maps and source data may not reflect this level of accuracy nor precision.
No Legal or Surveying Use: Due to these potential inaccuracies, this tool is not intended for, and must not be used for, legal, surveying, or any critical decision-making purposes. The information is provided on an as-is basis for general reference and entertainment purposes only. For specific inquiries regarding data accuracy or fitness for use, please consult the original data sources. For decisions requiring precise location data, consult the appropriate government or other authoritative sources, and seek professional legal advice.