What County Am I In
Quickly answer What County Am I In using your device’s location
Use this tool to find your current county. For best results, allow permission to use your location when prompted by your browser. Your current county name will appear in the panel above the map, along with your city, township and state. A red marker will show your location on Google Maps.
This page is optimized for fast loading on a mobile device so that you can quickly answer What County Am I In Right Now. If you’re at home, this tool will tell you what county you live in. To find county by address and view county boundaries on a fully interactive Google Map, use the County Lines map tool.
Quick Tips for using this County Finder map tool
- Your browser will ask your permission to use your location* so that this county tool can use your device’s GPS coordinates (longitude and latitude) to determine what county you are currently in. It will then display your current county name, as well as city, township and state above the map.
- If you do not allow permission to use your location, this tool approximates your location (and therefore your county) based on the ip address of your browser’s internet connection
- If you wish to find your county by address, click the map to be taken to the County Lines map tool.
- If you get the error message above the map stating Browser settings set to not share your location, on mobile you can reload the page to be prompted to share your location. On desktop, you can allow location permission in Chrome by clicking the padlock icon in your browser address bar and toggling the Location slider on as shown below. The page will reload with location permissions granted.
* this website does not store your location
You can also use this tool to answer Where Am I or Where Am I right now while you’re on the move. The panel above the map shows your current county as well as city, township and state.
FAQs for What County Am I In?
- US coverage includes Counties in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa
- Within the UK, England includes Counties and Unitary Authorities, Scotland includes Council Areas, Wales includes Principal Areas, and Northern Ireland includes Districts. Explanation of Unitary Authorities, Council Areas, Principal Areas and Districts.
- Australia includes Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- New Zealand includes Territorial Authorities
- Canada includes Census Divisions, which are Counties in some provinces but may include other geographies
- Mexico includes Municipalities, which are the next level administrative divisions below State
- Switzerland includes Districts
Sources– US: Census Bureau
– UK: Open Government License – Contains Office of National Statistics data, Ordnance Survey data ©Crown copyright and database right 2017. Open Data Lincese – Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland.
– Ireland: Open Data and Creative Commons License – Ordnance Survey Ireland
– Australia: Incorporates Administrative Boundaries ©PSMA Australia Limited licensed by the Commonwealth of Australia under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence
– New Zealand: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 – Stats NZ
– Canada: Open License – Boundary Files, 2016 Census; Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-160-X
– Mexico: Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI)
– Switzerland: Swiss Federal Office of Topography