Township 25 North, Range 15 East, New Mexico Principal Meridian, New Mexico
View Township 25 North, Range 15 East, New Mexico Principal Meridian, New Mexico Township and Range on Google Maps with this interactive Section Township Range finder
Just need an image? Scroll down the page to the New Mexico Section Township Range Map Image
Township and Range made easy! Use this free township and range locator to search by address, place or reverse find by land parcel description. View and search the Public Land Survey System (PLSS), also known as Congressional townships or survey townships, all the way down to the section, quarter section and quarter quarter section level anywhere in the U.S., all overlaid on a fully interactive Google Map. Optionally, add section township range labels, and overlay counties and cities as well!
Quick Tips for using this New Mexico Section Township and Range map tool
In the “Search places” box above the map, type an address, place, etc. and choose the one you
want from the auto-complete list*
OR: Click the map to see the Section, Township and Range for where you clicked or just type another place name or address
OR: Use the “Find parcel” tool below the map to search for a known Section, Township and Range, for example from a land deed. Tip: You don’t have to specify a Section if you only know the Township and Range. Also, you can leave the PM (Prime Meridian) set to “any” and the tool will let you know if there are multiple matches.
Township, Range and Section lines will draw, as well as quarter and quarter quarter sections if you are zoomed in enough. The Township, Range, Section, Principal Meridian, County, State and Longitude/Latitude will be displayed at the top of the map.**
- Check the “Show labels” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map to see the names of township and range, section and quarter quarter section on the map. More detail will be shown and labels appear as you zoom in.
- Click the ◉ button in the upper right corner of the map to use your current location. Click the ◉ button again to automatically update your location every 1, 5 or 10 minutes (Monthly Contributors also get an option to update every several seconds).***
- Subscribe to receive notification of tool updates and usage tips
* You can also type in GPS coordinates in decimal degrees into the Search places box. For example, type -105.25,
40 for Boulder, Colorado.
** All information is reported based on the location of the blue dot on the map; to move the blue dot, click the map
*** The “Locate” button will be more accurate on smartphones and other devices containing a GPS; desktop browsers typically show an approximate location
New Mexico Section Township Range Map Image
Static Map Image of New Mexico Section Township Range Map
Why was this tool created? Many people have requested to be able to search by section, township and range, and be able to see them displayed on top of Google Maps.
While some other tools show Section Township Range on Google Earth, requiring downloads and installation, this free tool shows Section Township Range on Google Maps in a web browser, requiring no downloads and no installation. And you can even use it on your smart phone or tablet!
- Township, Range and Section lines are part of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS), the most complete source being the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- There are some more obscure land descriptions that the tool will not find
- The Search places box uses a standard Google Maps geocoding engine, therefore you can type street addresses, road names, points of interest, and GPS coordinates (see * above) to see what section, township, and range that location is part of
- Many of the map layers from which this information is extracted are very large, so it may take several seconds for all of the map layers to finish drawing
- Because the map layers are large, fewer lines will be shown if you are zoomed out too far
- Note that typing an address will zoom in the map very close, whereas typing a city or county by itself will show you a map with a wider view
- *Disclaimer: While the number of decimals in the latitude and longitude displayed for the map marker may imply a positional accuracy of within a few feet, note that Google Maps and the source data may not be that accurate. Accordingly, this tool should not be used for legal nor surveying purposes or anything beyond entertainment value.
Sources– US Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Sep 2019
Help improve this tool. Please comment.
Listing of all U.S. County Maps showing Section Township and Range
Listing of all Townships and Ranges in the U.S. Public Land Survey System
Listing of all Townships and Ranges in New Mexico