Section Township Range
This free tool shows Section Township and Range on Google Maps. Use this section township and range locator to create a free section township range map.
Or, find out what Section Township and Range you are CURRENTLY IN based on GPS location.
FAQs for ‘Section Township Range’
How do you see Google Maps with the township range section grid? Just follow the quick steps above to see them all displayed on a fully-interactive Google Map.
Answer questions such as:
– What Section, Township and Range is this address in?
– What County is this section, township range located in?
– What Quarter Section, Section, Township and Range is this spot on the map in?
– Where is this land parcel description located?***
Why was this tool created? Many people have requested to be able to search by section, township and range, and be able to see them displayed on top of Google Maps.
While some other tools show Section Township Range on Google Earth, requiring downloads and installation, this free tool shows Section Township Range on Google Maps in a web browser, requiring no downloads and no installation. And you can even use it on your smart phone or tablet!
- Township, Range and Section lines are part of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS), the most complete source being the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- There are some more obscure land descriptions that the tool will not find
- The Search places box uses a standard Google Maps geocoding engine, therefore you can type street addresses, road names, points of interest, and GPS coordinates (see * above) to see what section, township, and range that location is part of
- Many of the map layers from which this information is extracted are very large, so it may take several seconds for all of the map layers to finish drawing
- Because the map layers are large, fewer lines will be shown if you are zoomed out too far
- Note that typing an address will zoom in the map very close, whereas typing a city or county by itself will show you a map with a wider view
- ***Disclaimer: While the number of decimals in the latitude and longitude displayed for the map marker imply a positional accuracy of within a few feet, note that Google Maps is not inherently that accurate, and therefore this tool should not be used for legal purposes or anything beyond entertainment value.
– US Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Sep 2019
Help improve this tool. Please comment.
Listing of all U.S. County Maps showing Section Township and Range
Listing of all Townships and Ranges in the U.S. Public Land Survey System
Listing of all Townships and Ranges in Alaska