This free tool shows Google Maps Time Zones, plus the current time and UTC offset for any location worldwide.
View a zoomable timezone map including time zone lines, and optionally add city limits, county lines and state lines to the map as well.
Quick Tips for using this Time Zone map tool
Type any place or address in the “Search places” box above the map
OR: Zoom into your place of interest on the map
The Time Zone map will draw along with time zone boundaries, and the timezone name and UTC offset* and current date and time (including if Daylight Saving Time (DST) is in effect) for your chosen location will appear at the top of the map**
- Optionally, check the “Show city/county lines” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map to see City Limits, County Lines and State Lines overlaid on the map. If city limits don’t appear, zoom in further.
- Click the ◉ button in the upper right corner of the map to use your current location. Click the ◉ button again to automatically update your location every 1, 5 or 10 minutes (Monthly Contributors also get an option to update every several seconds).***
- Subscribe to receive notification of tool updates and usage tips
* Coordinated Universal Time or Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) offset is the number of hours ahead or behind
the current time in Greenwich, England, adjusted for Daylight Saving Time (DST) if in effect. It is the number of
hours time difference from Greenwich. Prior to 1972, UTC was referred to as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
** All information is reported based on the location of the blue dot on the map; to move the blue dot, click the map
*** The “Locate” button will be more accurate on smartphones and other devices containing a GPS; desktop browsers typically show an approximate location
FAQs for Time Zones
How do you see a time zone lines map? Just follow the quick steps above and you will get a detailed timezone map that is zoomable, including time zone boundaries, name, UTC offset and current time for any location globally. See a list of time zones in map format by clicking the map. Use this tool as your world clock to show the different time zones for any global location.
Answer questions such as:
– What timezone is this city or county part of?
– What is the current local time at this global location?
– How many hours ahead or behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) (formerly Greenwich Mean Time or GMT) is this location?
As with many things, time zone and time zone boundaries are much more complex than meets the eye. This is due in large part to the fact that there is no central global body that determines timezones; rather, time zones can be set at many different political levels (e.g. country, state, county, city, tribal region). Read more here.
Sources– Time Zone boundaries: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), Evan Siroky: MIT License and Open Data Commons Open Database License
– City, County and State boundaries: US Census Bureau
Help improve this tool. Please comment.