View Civil Townships on Google Maps with this free tool
FAQs for ‘Civil Townships’
How do you see Google Maps with township boundaries? Just follow the quick steps above and you will see the township boundary lines displayed on a fully-interactive Google Map.
Do things such as:
– Find township for an address
– Help determine which township or local sales tax may apply for a given location
– Find out what township are these GPS coordinates located in (see * above)?
– plus any of a number of other topics where knowing townships may be important, such as real estate, sales, education, field research, business and more
- Civil townships includes the boundaries of Civil townships,
also called township limits, town lines, or township borders. New England, New York and Wisconsin typically refer to townships as towns, and Michigan uses charter townships.
Townships with the following US Census Bureau minor civil division class codes are shown:
– T1: Governmentally active minor civil division (MCD) that is not coextensive with an incorporated place (this is often a township)
– T9: An inactive county subdivision
– Z1: A nonfunctioning county subdivision
– Z2: A county subdivision that is coextensive with an American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian area and legally is independent of any other county subdivision
– Z3: A county subdivision defined as an unorganized territory
- Because the map layers are large, boundaries will not be shown if you are zoomed out too far
– US: Census Bureau
– UK: Open Government License – Contains Office of National Statistics data, Ordnance Survey data ©Crown copyright and database right 2017. Open Data Lincese – Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland.
– Ireland: Open Data and Creative Commons License – Ordnance Survey Ireland
– Australia: Incorporates Administrative Boundaries ©PSMA Australia Limited licensed by the Commonwealth of Australia under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence
– New Zealand: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 – Stats NZ
– Canada: Open License – Boundary Files, 2016 Census; Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-160-X
– Mexico: Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI)
– Switzerland: Swiss Federal Office of Topography
Help improve this tool. Please comment.
Listing of all U.S. County Maps showing Civil Townships and Township Boundaries