Arecibo, Puerto Rico - Townships Map
View Arecibo, Puerto Rico Township Lines on Google Maps, find township by address and check if an address is in town limits
See a Google Map with township boundaries and find township by address with this free, interactive map tool. Optionally also show township labels, U.S. city limits and county lines on the map.
Quickly answer ‘What township is this address in’ and ‘What township do I live in’ anywhere in the U.S.
To find township by address, type the address into the Search places box above the map.
Quick Tips for using this Civil Townships map tool
Type any place or address in the “Search places” box above the map*
OR: Zoom into your place of interest on the map
Township boundary lines will draw on the map, and the township name, state name, country name and latitude/longitude for your chosen location will appear at the top of the map**
- Check the “Show township labels” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map to see the names of the townships on the map
- Optionally, check the “Show US city limits” checkbox in the lower left corner of the map to see
City Limits overlaid on the map
- Click the ◉ button in the upper right corner of the map to use your current location. Click the ◉ button again to automatically update your location every 1, 5 or 10 minutes (Monthly Contributors also get an option to update every several seconds). †
- Subscribe to receive notification of tool updates and usage tips
* You can also type in GPS coordinates in decimal degrees into the Search places box. For example, type -105.25,
40 for Boulder, Colorado.
** All information is reported based on the location of the blue dot on the map; to move the blue dot, click the map
† The “Locate” button will be more accurate on smartphones and other devices containing a GPS; desktop browsers typically show an approximate location
FAQs for Arecibo, Puerto Rico - Townships Map
- Civil townships includes the boundaries of Civil townships, also called township limits,
town lines, or township borders. New England, New York and Wisconsin typically refer to townships as towns, and
Michigan uses charter townships.
Townships with the following US Census Bureau minor civil division class codes are shown:
– T1: Governmentally active minor civil division (MCD) that is not coextensive with an incorporated place (this is often a township)
– T9: An inactive county subdivision
– Z1: A nonfunctioning county subdivision
– Z2: A county subdivision that is coextensive with an American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian area and legally is independent of any other county subdivision
– Z3: A county subdivision defined as an unorganized territory
- “Show US city limits” draws all incorporated cities and towns in the United States and its territories and possessions
- “Show county lines” in Counties in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa
Civil Township boundaries depicted include the following types of townships for each state
|Indiana||township, unorganized territory|
|Iowa||township, unorganized territory|
|Maine||gore, plantation, reservation, town, unorganized territory|
|Minnesota||township, unorganized territory|
|New Hampshire||grant, location, purchase, town, township|
|New York||borough, reservation, town, unorganized territory|
|Northern Mariana Islands||district|
|North Carolina||township, unorganized territory|
|North Dakota||township, unorganized territory|
|Puerto Rico||barrio, barrio-pueblo|
|South Dakota||township, unorganized territory|
|Vermont||gore, grant, town|
- The Search places box uses a standard Google Maps geocoding engine, therefore you can type street addresses, road names, points of interest, and GPS coordinates (see * above) to see what township that location is part of
- Many of the map layers from which this information is extracted are very large, so it may take several seconds for all of the map layers to finish drawing
- Because the map layers are large, boundaries will not be shown if you are zoomed out too far
- Note that typing an address will zoom in the map very close, whereas typing a city or township by itself will show you a map with a wider view
- Disclaimer: While the number of decimals in the latitude and longitude displayed for the map marker may imply a positional accuracy of within a few feet, note that Google Maps and the source data may not be that accurate. Accordingly, this tool should not be used for legal nor surveying purposes or anything beyond entertainment value.
Sources– US: Census Bureau
Help improve this tool. Please comment.
Listing of all U.S. County Maps showing Civil Townships and Township Boundaries