Montgomery County, New York - Cities Map
View Google Maps with Montgomery County, New York City Limits. Find city by address. Quickly check if an address is in city limits and see a city borders map.
Quickly answer ‘What city is this address in’ and ‘What city do I live in’ anywhere in the U.S.
To find city by address, type the address into the Search places box above the map.
Quick Tips for using this City Limits map tool
In the “Search places” box above the map, type an address, city, etc. and choose the one you want
from the auto-complete list*
OR: Click the map to see the city name for where you clicked or just type another place name or address
OR: Click the ◉ button in the upper right corner of the map to use your current location. Click the ◉ button again to automatically update your location every 1, 5 or 10 minutes (Monthly Contributors also get an option to update every several seconds).**
City limits will draw and your selected city’s boundaries will be highlighted in grey-blue. At the top of the map, the city name will appear, along with a Class code (see below for details), the area of the city in square miles, and the Latitude/Longitude for the blue dot. †
- Show US townships by checking the box in the lower left corner of the map
Show county lines by checking the box in the lower left corner of the map
- Subscribe to receive notification of tool updates and usage tips
** The “Locate” button will be more accurate on smartphones and other devices containing a GPS; desktop browsers typically show an approximate location
† All information is reported based on the location of the blue dot on the map; to move the blue dot, click the map
FAQs for Montgomery County, New York - Cities Map
– What city is this address in?
– Is this address in an unincorporated area?
– Who has jurisdiction at this address?
– Is this location on the map part of a city or town?
– What county and state is this city part of?
Looking to show only County Lines on Google Maps? Here it is: County Lines.
Coverage NotesRANDOM-COLORED city regions: Shows all incorporated cities and towns in the United States and its territories and possessions
Class codes shown beside the city name:
– C1: An active incorporated place that does not serve as a county subdivision equivalent
– C2: An active incorporated place that is legally coextensive with a county subdivision but treated as independent of any county subdivision
– C5: An active incorporated place that is independent of any county subdivision and serves as a county subdivision equivalent
– C6: An active incorporated place that partially is independent of any county subdivision and serves as a county subdivision equivalent or partially coextensive with a county subdivision but treated as independent of any county subdivision
– C7: An incorporated place that is independent of any county
– C8: The balance of a consolidated city excluding the separately incorporated place(s) within that consolidated government
– C9: An inactive or nonfunctioning incorporated place
DARK ORANGE lines: If “Show US townships” is checked, dark orange lines are used to show all active townships in the United States and its territories and possessions
Townships with the following US Census Bureau minor civil division class codes are shown:
– T1: Governmentally active minor civil division (MCD) that is not coextensive with an incorporated place (this is often a township)
– T9: An inactive county subdivision
– Z1: A nonfunctioning county subdivision
– Z2: A county subdivision that is coextensive with an American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian area and legally is independent of any other county subdivision
– Z3: A county subdivision defined as an unorganized territory
City Limits depicted include the following types of incorporated places for each state
|Alaska||borough, city, municipality|
|Delaware||city, town, village|
|District of Columbia||city|
|Florida||city, town, village|
|Georgia||city, unified government, town|
|Illinois||city, town, village|
|Kentucky||city, urban county|
|Louisiana||city, town, village|
|Maryland||city, town, village|
|Mississippi||city, town, village|
|Missouri||city, town, village|
|New Jersey||borough, city, town, village|
|New Mexico||city, town, village|
|New York||city, village|
|Northern Mariana Islands||village|
|North Carolina||city, town, village|
|Pennsylvania||borough, city, municipality, town|
|South Carolina||city, town|
|South Dakota||city, town, village|
|Tennessee||city, metropolitan government, town|
|Texas||city, town, village|
|US Virgin Islands||town|
|Utah||city, town, township|
|West Virginia||city, corporation, town, village|
- Because the map layers are large, boundaries will not be shown if you are zoomed out too far
Sources– US Census Bureau
Help improve this tool. Please comment.