As before, to show your current location while using any of the map tools on this website, you can click the ◉ button in the upper right corner of the map. But now you can keep clicking the ◉ button to set it to automatically update your location on the map in 1, 5 and 10 minute intervals. Bonus: Monthly Contributors also get an option to update every 0.2 minutes (12 seconds).
This might be useful when you are:
- on the road and need to know what jurisdiction you are in (e.g. city, township, county and state)
- need to know what custom area you are in (e.g. service territory, delivery zone, etc.)
- hiking and want to keep track of your current elevation
- conducting field research and want to know what section township and range you are currently in
As you click the ◉ button, it will change the location setting in the following loop:
* 12 second option available to Monthly Contributors only
Enjoy this new option to keep your self on the map!