After some infrastructure upgrades, all of the randymajors.org mapping tools are now operating faster! In my time tests, I was seeing drawing speeds that were 2.5x to 3x faster than before the upgrade.
The very largest of map layers, such as Section Township Range on Google Maps, seem to see the biggest improvement (drawing in 5-6 seconds now vs 25-30 seconds before the upgrade), although other layers such as Historical Counties, County Lines and ZIP Codes also drew about 2x faster that before.
So you should on average see the information panel above the maps update a bit faster and see the maps draw a bit faster, especially when zoomed in to the state level or closer. Enjoy!
This update applies to all of the following tools:
- Area Codes on Google Maps
- City Limits on Google Maps
- Climate Info on Google Maps
- County Lines on Google Maps
- Elevation on Google Maps
- Historical U.S. Counties on Google Maps
- Location Explorer on Google Maps
- Section Township Range on Google Maps
- Time Zones on Google Maps
- US State County Maps
- ZIP Codes on Google Maps