Just a quick note to let you know that New Zealand, Canada and Switzerland have been added to the County Lines on Google Maps tool!
Update as of 29 Dec 2018: Mexico Municipalities have been added, which are the next level administrative division below State.
So, the full line-up of countries where you can see counties is:
– New Zealand
Please note that not all countries use counties. So in those cases, the tool will show the administrative division that exists between the state and local level. Here are the particulars:
– US coverage includes all 50 states plus Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa
– Within the UK, England displays Counties and Unitary Authorities, Scotland displays Council Areas, Wales displays Principal Areas, and Northern Ireland displays Districts
– Australia displays Local Government Areas (LGAs)
– New Zealand displays Territorial Authorities
– Canada displays Census Divisions, which are Counties in some provinces but may include other geographies
– Mexico displays Municipalities, which are the next level administrative division below State
– Switzerland displays Districts
Here are a few screen captures to show samples of the new coverage: